OK
The Universal Selection Source:
Cosmetics Ingredients
Article

Market Trends for Natural cosmetics and Skincare in Australia

SpecialChem / Vispi Kanga – Jun 20, 2007

The Australian C&T market is characterised by the strong presence of a large number of subsidiaries of multinational corporations. Unilever Australasia, Procter & Gamble Australia Pty Ltd, L'Oréal and Colgate-Palmolive are leading the market, followed by Gillette, Estée Lauder, Revlon, Henkel, Avon and Johnson & Johnson. According to Euromonitor, multinational companies hold more than 65% of the market while local players and other foreign companies compete on the remaining 35%. The current trend for Australian companies is their clean, green approach to production. Many producers focus on natural, herbal, organic and hypoallergenic products using essential oils with indigenous healing properties". Millions of years of isolation from the other continents have resulted in Australia's plants and animals evolving in ways different from elsewhere. As a result, at the species level, about 85 per cent of Australia's flowering plants are found only in Australia. Many companies are capitalising on Australia's reputation for a healthy environment and unique biodiversity, and are offering products with natural ingredients and native Australian plants.

Be the first to comment on "Market Trends for Natural cosmetics and Skincare in Australia"

Leave a comment





Your email address and name will not be published submitting a comment or rating implies your acceptance to SpecialChem Terms & Conditions
Advanced Sun Protection with Baycusan
2018 Beauty & Money Summit
Channel Alerts

Receive weekly digests on hot topics

Back to Top