The following sections will be covered during this session:
- Intro: clarify some myths around cosmetic "actives" (skin penetration, cosmeceuticals…)
- What is an "active" ingredient? Everything in the formula is a potentially "active" ingredient. But which one leads to successful claims?
- What can a well-used active bring both in terms of cosmetic effects and marketing claims? 7 case studies on hydration, anti-aging treatment & prevention, oil-control, whitening, hair-care, slimming
- Evidence based cosmetics: old hat or new trend?
- Cosmetic claims across the ages
- Criteria for evidence based cosmetics
- How to select the right ingredient for the right claims: exclusive checklist from Karl Lintner!
After attending this online course, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- what active ingredients really are?
- what can a genuine active ingredient
do and how?
- how to fully benefit from an active performance?
- do regulations allow ingredient penetration
- how to re-use ingredient activity testing results to build reliable evidence-based claims