The following sections will be covered in this session:
We recommend attendees to take a look at this 101 Hot Melt Refresher
- Co-relation between Hot Melt Performance and Wax Characteristics
- Dependence between waxes characteristics (hard/soft; melting point; crystallization…) and variation of hot tack, open time & setting speed
- Unwanted effect: negative impact on adhesion
- The different types of waxes: PP, PE…
- How do they work?
- How to characterize them in practice?
- Why compatibility with polymer is essential and how to test?
- How to balance open time & setting speed?
- How to assess in practice hot tack, open time and setting speed?
- What if final result is not as expected? Interaction with polymers, with tackifiers…
- Live Q&A with the expert