OXFORD, CT -- Natural Sourcing announces the availability of cold pressed Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil (INCI Name: Nigella sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil) within its growing line of specialty oils for use in innovative personal care products.
Host to over one hundred different vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and other constituents, the precious seeds and oil of black cumin have been used both internally and topically since ancient times. Occasionally referred to as Organic Blackseed Oil, the long folk history of Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil caught the attention of nutraceutical and cosmeceutical industries, and they continue to document its wide array of nutritive properties.
Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil Properties:
- Stable Shelf Life (2 Years)
- Golden Yellow to Golden Brown Color
- Moderate Viscosity
- Quick Absorption
- Peppery Aroma
- Vitamin composition includes Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C, Niacin and Folacin
- Mineral composition includes calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, selenium, copper, phosphorus and zinc
- Said to contain up to 80% unsaturated essential fatty acids
- Rich in anti-oxidants
- Linoleic (Omega-6) Essential Fatty Acid Content: 46.1%
- Oleic (Omega-9) Fatty Acid Content: 125.5%
- Linolenic (Omega-3) Essential Fatty Acid Content: 0.5%
- Noteworthy anti-inflammatory
- Supports and strengthens the immune system
- Studies indicate that Black Cumin Seed Oil may help play a role in cancer prevention and treatment.
Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil absorbs quickly and is highly recommended for inclusion in moisturizers and hair care products where emolliency, anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory and auto-immune system support are desired.
Highly regarded for its ability to strengthen the immune system, Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil has been effective in treating auto-immune skin disorders including eczema and psoriasis.
Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil is perfectly suited for the personal care applications including mature, aging skin; damaged, dry, cracked skin; eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions; general skin care; brittle and damaged hair; massage products and anti-inflammatories.
About Natural Sourcing, LLC
Natural Sourcing specializes in the procurement and supply of over 500 natural ingredients for cosmeceutical, spa, massage and aromatherapy applications. Ingredients are carefully selected for their quality and functionality in skin care, hair care and beauty treatments. Natural Sourcing's ingredient lines consist of nutritive specialty ingredients including berry oils, organic beeswax, organic shea butter, pomegranate oil and watermelon seed oil. Additionally, Natural Sourcing offers over 25 categories of natural ingredients.
Natural Sourcing is a member of the Organic Trade Association and has its organic certification through CCOF. Natural Sourcing is dedicated towards becoming an increasingly strong presence in the growing awareness of the importance and benefits of organic skin care.
Natural Sourcing operates a 30,000 square foot facility in Oxford, Connecticut.
Source: Natural Sourcing