DARMSTADT, Germany -- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt will present its innovative effect pigments and active ingredient variants – including ideas and initiatives to effectively use them in cosmetics and skin care products – to industry experts at the international in-cosmetics 2017 trade show in London from April 4 to 6.
|Merck at in-cosmetics Global 2017: to Exhibit Smart
Smart Effects with Matte and Brilliant Facets
With its “Smart Effects
” innovation program, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, produces new-look pigments with extraordinary haptic and optical effects, such as the newcomers in the Ronastar®
Allure range and Ronastar®
Along with Ronastar® Red Allure
for a matte burgundy red, further Ronastar®
Allure products complete this pure-mineral range that is characterized by a brilliant matte effect. They lend a futuristic elegance to decorative cosmetics used to dramatically accentuate the eyes, as well as for lips and nails. Thanks to their optimal particle size, the Ronastar®
Allure pigments also have an extraordinary velvety skin feel.
By contrast, Ronastar®
Flaming Lights sets lustrous effects. The special design of the synthetic substrate combines its deep-red color impression with a revolutionary sparkle. As such, Ronastar®
Flaming Lights not only lend crystal-like lustre to decorative cosmetics for lips, eyes and nails – they also bring out an attractive three-dimensional sparkle in shampoos and shower gels.
Skin Lightener in Liquid Form
- RonaCare® Pristine Bright™ liquid makes the skin appear naturally lighter, minimizes age spots and provides a flawless, porcelain-like complexion.
- While other skin lighteners can cause skin irritation, RonaCare® Pristine Bright™ liquid is a welltolerated, effective alternative. Its new liquid form allows for easy application.
Alcohol-free Anti-aging Active
The desire to maintain a youthful appearance is as old as mankind. This is where RonaCare®
Cyclopeptide-5 comes in, an active ingredient that mimics natural processes of skin communication using a bionic approach. It improves visible signs of aging by triggering cell communication to initiate repair mechanisms in the skin.
|Skin Lightener in Liquid Form
An alcohol-free variant of this innovative cyclic peptide is being introduced to the market at in-cosmetics. It can be used first and foremost in formulations for sensitive and dry skin or in skincare products that meet the growing demand for kosher and halal formulations.
Inspiration: Concepts and Sets
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, does not only offer cosmetics and skin-care manufacturers a wide range of pigments and active ingredients for high-quality products. Its trend scouts also monitor societal developments, using them to develop concepts and formulation examples. The latest trends can be seen and experienced at in-cosmetics 2017:
- Color forecast spring/summer 2018: The modern woman embraces her individual femininity and simply casts herself in whatever role she wants. For her, the trend scouts have chosen the color themes of Enchanting Goddess, Beautista 3.0, Sparkling Funambulist, and Captivating Mermaid.
- All Eyes on Silver: Cosmetics shine with a new brilliance, making a dazzling comeback thanks to metallic accents and shimmering effects. Strobing effects give the skin a new lease of life and are now providing luminous accents to decorative cosmetics.
- Food-inspired kit: Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, has put together a real feast for the eyes with four ready-to-use formulation examples, because foodinspired cosmetics is a major trend: What might Vanilla Pudding, Strawberry Smoothie, Lemon Sorbet and Berry Cheesecake be?
- RonaCare® RenouMer kit: In an increasingly complex world, there is a growing desire for simple solutions, naturalness and sustainability. RonaCare® RenouMer is a sustainable anti-aging marine-derived active ingredient that is ideal for natural formulations with few ingredients. RonaCare® RenouMer is developed from red algal cytoplasm and supports collagen formation. Formulation suggestions inspire cosmetics that are at one with nature.
In addition, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is taking part in the Innovation Seminars in Theater 3:
- “Smart Effects – Solutions for future trends in the cosmetics world”, Miriam Becker, Wednesday, April 5, 1:10 p.m. to 1:40 p.m.;
- “The fascinating power of nature – Capitalize on a booming market”, Beate Anniés, Wednesday, April 5, 2 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
During the Formulation Lab®
session, “Smart effects with pearlescent pigments and functional filler
” on April 5 from 16:30 to 17:30, formulation developers will learn about color mixing rules for pearlescent pigments and how to create outstanding color shades. In addition, the participants will explore how they can easily modify textures and other characteristics of powder formulations using functional fillers.
About Merck KGaA
Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is one of the leading science and technology companies in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions. In 2016, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, generated sales of € 15.0 billion in 66 countries.
Founded in 1668, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is one of the world's oldest pharmaceutical and chemical companies. The founding family remains the majority owner of the publicly listed corporate group. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, holds the global rights to the „Merck” name and brand. The only exceptions are the United States and Canada, where the company operates as EMD Serono, MilliporeSigma and EMD Performance Materials.
Source: Merck KGaA