PLANEGG -- AMSilk GmbH has successfully registered its two cosmetic ingredients, Silkbeads (microparticles) and Silkgel (hydrogel), with the internationally recognized Vegan Society.
|AMSilk’s Cosmetic Actives Get Vegan Society Trademark
Organic Silk Biopolymers
The Vegan Trademark confirms that AMSilk’s organic biopolymers are 100% free of animal ingredients and that no animal testing is used at any point in the development or production process. The new registration sends a strong signal to consumers and partners that value animal-friendly products and companies.
- The Vegan Trademark is awarded to qualifying food, cosmetics and personal care products as well as laundry and home care products and services.
- The registration is recognized in the US, Europe, Canada, Australia and India, and is considered to be the international standard for 100% vegan products.
- The Trademark, which strengthens a brand’s credibility among customers and partners, may only be used by customers registered with The Vegan Society.
Free from Animal Ingredients & Testing
AMSilk secured the Vegan Trademark for its cosmetic ingredients, Silkgel and Silkbeads, which are designed to be seamlessly incorporated into products spanning the beauty and personal care industry.
- When incorporated into skincare products, AMSilk’s unique ingredients shield the skin from airborne pollutants and bacteria while maintaining skin’s breathability.
- AMSilk’s silk biopolymers are very well tolerated by the skin and can be added to a wide variety of cosmetics and personal care products, such as creams, shampoos and conditioners.
AMSilk cosmetic ingredients are already used in products worldwide. In 2016, AMSilk GmbH entered into a cooperation with Zurich based RAHN AG, the company DKSH Marketing Services Spain S.A.U. (formerly Zeus Química), the Italian company Biochim srl and the South Korean company Hanjoo to distribute the two products in several European countries and in South Korea.
AMSilk GmbH is the industrial supplier of synthetic silk biopolymers and has its headquarters in Planegg near Munich, Germany. Sustainably produced using a patented biotechnological process, AMSilk high performance biopolymers have the unique functional properties of the natural product they are based on. The organic high-performance material can be used in multiple ways, including in medical or technical products as well as cosmetic ingredients. AMSilk high-performance biopolymers give everyday products unique properties. Among other things, the polymers are biocompatible, breathable and especially robust.
AMSilk high-performance biopolymers are distributed in the form of Silkbeads (microparticles), Silkgel (hydrogel) or Biosteel® (fibers). They are currently used in coatings for medical technology products, in the textile industry and as an ingredient in personal care products.