LAS VEGAS -- Cosmoprof North America (CPNA) has announced it has done it again by producing record breaking exhibitor attendance and ticket sales.
|Cosmoprof North America 2016 Breaks Records
Held, annually at Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas 33,750 attendees (12.5% increase to 2015) engaged with record breaking 1,154 exhibitors representing 38 countries (12% increase from 2015) and were able to see and experience new sections like Discover Green and Glamour Me along with show favorites, Discover Beauty, Tones of Beauty and Discover Scent.
- The show floor space covered 280,991 sqft (26,105 sqm) of space with an increase of of 10% compared to the previous year.
- This year was also about igniting the power of some of most influential beauty influencers in the business and giving the exhibitors a chance to be covered on their social media channels.
- With over 23 million impressions and 400 posts these influencers which included ethnic, multi-cultural, television personalities, vloggers, and bloggers brought the show to a new level and really solidified its title of best in business.
Focused on New and Returning Programs
Discover Green: Going Green
Discover Green was a special area curated with the input from Insiders Guide to Spa and dedicated to eco-friendly, clean, organic and/or natural beauty products. Created to mimic the high-end, exclusive feel of Discover Beauty, Spotlights, Discover Scent, and Tones of Beauty, the decision to include a new “green” section came on the heels of increased consumer awareness of the environmental impact and ingredient safety from products purchased.
Glamour Me: Experiencing Beauty Innovation Live
Glamour Me was a new beauty lounge that allowed attendees to experience participating exhibitor products first-hand and with close to 200 appointments booked it has exceeded expectations. Attendees were able to select to have their hair, nails, skin or makeup show ready with quick 30 minutes services provided by select exhibitors.
Tones of Beauty: Multi-cultural Beauty
Also returning for the second year is the highly successful Tones of Beauty, which showcased a select group of coveted and innovative multicultural brands across every major sector: Skin, Hair and Color. To ensure successful program implementation and brand selection, CPNA repeated its collaboration with renowned global beauty media group love, Aunt Bonnie and added a dedicated educational conference to learn about market specifics.
|Cosmoprof North America 2016 Celebrates its Success
Presenting a line-up of start-up beauty brands
, this high-end, curated section combined the best of both worlds: pre-arranged face-to-face meetings with key retail buyers such as Neiman Marcus, Lord & Taylor, Barneys New York, HSN and Kohl’s as well as a traditional exhibition presentation where all attendees are invited to come and discover these brands. Additionally, this year we are pleased to announce Chaleur Beauty as the winner of the official Discover Beauty 2016 Award.
Discover Beauty Spotlights
Spotlights was an exclusive initiative within the Discover Beauty program
. This department store-like presentation serves as a showcase for companies that are big on creativity yet smaller in size but who are a prime fit for high-end retail stores, boutiques, salons and spas.
International Business Forum & Exhibition
Returning for the second year, International Business Forum & Exhibition (IBF&E) focused on the Beauty Supply Chain business
platform for companies specialized in contract manufacturing, packaging, machinery, OEM and raw materials. The program benefited from key strategic placement on the show floor and a full package that includes buyer meetings.
TV Shopping Channel Auditions
Making a return were the live auditions for major US TV shopping channels QVC, HSN and Evine Live whereby exhibitors were able to pitch products live to the merchants. New this year exhibitors were also able to audition with international TV shopping channels including The Shopping Channel (Canada), HSE (Germany), and GS Shop (Korea). Also new this year, CPNA created a new collaboration with EVINE Live, an ominichannel retail experience whereby the organizers provided the opportunity for key buyers from the network to meet with exhibitors inside a dedicated space on the show floor; select exhibitors will be featured in a dedicated inner segment featuring products discovered at CPNA 2016.
BOUTIQUE, buzzing with activity, was set up as a sampling bar showcasing deluxe premium-size samples from twenty exhibiting brands. For a donation of $10, attendees chose seven samples out of twenty-featured products and this year CPNA raised over $13,000 to be given to Look Good, Feel Better.
Discover Scent: The Smell of Success in the Air
Scent was also in the air this year - literally. Air Aroma, a leading scent branding agency that designs custom fragrances for luxury brands around the world, returned again to scent main show areas through its patented diffusion technology but this year custom formulated a signature CPNA fragrance. An area on the show floor dedicated exclusively to fragrance, Discover Scent featured 13 niche fragrance brands curated with the assistance of Sniffapalooza
CPNA hosts PBA Beauty Week
About Cosmoprof North America
- Cosmoprof North America not only celebrates the beauty industry but also entrepreneurship evidenced this year at the second annual Beauty Pitch™ which was co-hosted by PBA on Saturday, July 23rd.
- This one-of-a-kind beauty competition showcased six innovative beauty companies, in two separate categories – Startup and Established.
- Over one thousand attendees gathered to watch these companies pitch their products to a panel of celebrity judges including John Paul DeJoria, Kevin Harrington, ELLE Beauty Director Emily Dougherty; Executive Editor at InStyle Digital Innovation of Time Inc. Deanne Kaczerski, and Mark Spinks, President of BSG CosmoProf and Armstrong McCall, Sally Beauty Holdings.
- The winners of this esteemed event include: Sunlights Balayage, Inc., P3 Pure both recipients of cash prizes, and O.R.G Skincare chosen by the merchants of BSG to gain distribution into all 1,200 nationwide stores and online. Additionally, all semi-finalists received an invitation to be featured in an online exclusive boutique on Amazon Launchpad.
- The 2016 North American Hairstyling Award (NAHA) winners were recognized during a star-studded awards ceremony on July 24, 2016 at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
- Held during PBA Beauty Week, North America’s largest, most inclusive beauty event, NAHA was hosted by Alan Cumming, Tony award winning actor, author and activist.
- This year’s Hairstylist of the Year, was presented to Matt Swinney of Evolution in Minneapolis, MI. This is Swinney’s first NAHA Hairstylist of the Year honor.
Cosmoprof North America (CPNA) furthered its reputation as the leading B2B beauty trade show by introducing revolutionary technologies and forward-thinking programs at the next event, held annually at Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Close to 30,000 attendees engaged with a record-breaking 1,015 exhibitors from 39 countries to discover unique brand launches, product innovations, new channels for distribution, packaging, and manufacturing; and to form key relationships with top industry professionals and retailers.
Source: Cosmoprof North America